Drug & Alcohol Testing Program Management
(download pdf for testing programs)
Statement of Commitment:
Gregory & Howe Inc. is committed to providing clients with
the most professional, accurate and defensible drug and
alcohol testung program available. We will provide the
highest quality services possible in all components of our
program. It is with this “heightened sense of awareness”
that we can achieve our goal of 100% flawless management,
collection, testing and reporting services. Only then can we
be certain that our clients and their employees’ interests
are protected and maintained.
List of Services:
- COMPLETE Management and Administration of Drug and Alcohol
- Review/Write Company Policies with regards to Drug and
Alcohol Testing guidelines (Federal & State) when
- Consultation as it pertains to the Drug and Alcohol
- 24 Hour / 7 Days Per Week availability for post accident
or reasonable cause drug and alcohol testing.
- Ensure all Drug and Alcohol Testing is processed through S.A.M.H.S.A certified laboratories.
- Objectively review and provide Medical Review Officer
- Objectively review and provide network of collection
facilities throughout the US.
- Provide breath and alcohol testing locations.
- Maintain all breath alcohol technician certifications for
ALL alcohol testing locations.
- Maintain calibration logs of breath alcohol testing
- Provide both Drug and Alcohol MIS reports.
- Provide annual summary of Drug and Alcohol Testing in
addition to MIS reports.
- Provide Random Selection and Notification Program
(Validated by IBT and passed FHWA, FAA and USGG audits.)
- Provide blind quality control specimens
- Retain back up records for all drug and alcohol testing.
- Provide one invoice billing
- Ordering of all supplies for the program.
- Supervisor and employee education and training programs.
- Contractor monitoring for compliance
- Maintain laboratory quarterly reports.
- Assist in DOT audits
- Split-Bottle Testing and Procedure Services
- Background Investigation Services.
Drug Testing is Rated #1:
Pre-Employment Tool for Employers Become:
- One of the only objective methods for employees to
screen potential employees.
- Outsourcing to a Professional Management Company
(Third Party Administrator) limits the liability of the
company, insures objective ongoing review of testing
procedures, methodologies, laws and regulations.
- Workers Compensation Premiums have been reduced up
to 63.7% by companies who have implemented a drug free
- Helps create a safe and healthier workplace and
improves employee morale.
Drug Testing Process:
Upon review of the company drug and alcohol testing
policy and approval from management, Gregory & Howe
provides all company locations with an information
package that explains the entire process and identifies
the specific collection site for each company location.
Alcohol Testing Process:
Upon review of the company drug and alcohol testing policy
and approval from management, Gregory & Howe provides all
company locations with an information package that explains
the entire process and identifies the specific collection
site for each company location.
How Much is Substance Abuse Costing Your Company?
Based on extensive research by the United Sates Navy, the
average cost of each drug abusing employee is about $6,600
The national average is 17% of a company’s population has a
substance abuse problem.
Company has 100 employees
100 x 17% = 17 employees with a substance abuse problem
17 employees x $6,600 = $112,000 annual cost due to
4,400 employees x 17% = 748 employees with a substance abuse
748 employees c $6,600 = $4,936,800 in annual costs due to
Individuals who use drugs or alcohol are:
• 2.5 times more likely to have extensive absence
• 33% less productive
• 3.6 times more likely to be injured or cause a co-worker
to be hurt
• 5 times more likely to file a workers compensation claim
Gregory & Howe’s Random Program
Standard Operating Procedure For Random Selection and
The random selection process is impartial. It is designed to
assure equal opportunity of selection for each and every
individual on each and every selection date.
The Gregory & Howe “Ransam Program” is a computer generated
ransom selection program that has withstood the scrutiny of
validation studies. Employees’ files are entered into the
program and can be deleted based on confidential data
provided by the employer. The rate of individuals to be
tested on an annual basis are the rate and frequency of
testing will be determined by the employer and where
applicable, Federal Regulations.
Creation of a Random File:
When a company decides to participate in Gregory & Howe’s
Ransam Program we provide a list of employees with the
• Employee’s Name or Employee Number
• Date of Birth (optional)
• Social Security Number
• Job Description
• Employee’s Work Location
This information can be provided on an ASCII file or
A specific data file is then created which includes:
• Percentage to be tested annually
• Frequency of testing (DOT regulations require that random
testing be distributed equally throughout the 12 months of
Results are available in whatever format and technology best
suits our clients needs
e-mail, fax, telephonic, web based….